Kenko TELEPLUS HD 1.4x DGX is a teleconverter designed to make images more impressive by turning your master lens into a telephoto lens.
By installing the HD teleconverter between the lens and the camera body, Kenko TELEPLUS HD 1.4x DGX increases the effective focal length of your lens by 1.4x.
Precisely made in Japan and compatible with a wide range of genuine cameras and lenses, it is particularly helpful for those professional photographers as well as amateurs who may need a tele lens but feel no reason to purchase a new expensive one due to low frequency of use. An optional accessory to bring your photos on a new level of creativity in the most convenient way.
Kenko TELEPLUS HD 1.4x DGX is a high precision manufactured optical device to be installed between the camera body and the master lens. Its purpose is to multiply the focal length of the lens according to its multiplication factor, changing your lens into a tele lens, with minimum loss of resolution and sharpness of the image.
For example, an 1.4x teleconverter can turn a 70-200mm lens into a 98-280mm lens.
HD is a standard series of teleconverters designed to fit high-resolution DSLR cameras and lenses, and to perform best results when used with lenses whose focal length is from 50mm or more.
NOTE: HD Teleconverters are not compatible with Nikon AI or AI-S lenses. If the lens has a manual control aperture ring it will not function.
Kenko TELEPLUS HD 1.4x DGX teleconverter provides:
- Complete communication and signal integrity between the lens and camera body for secure autofocus, aperture and data calculation functions.
- Ability to convert and record EXIF data within the image. Teleconverter can in fact record the equivalent aperture and focal length of the lens according to the multiplication factor of the converter.
- High quality optical elements, as well as other parts, due to its precise manufacturing in Japan.
- Compatibility with a wider range of Nikon and Canon lenses, marking it as the most versatile accessory among those usually chosen by photographers.
Kenko TELEPLUS HD 1.4x DGX can dramatically change your photos by making the object appear larger in the image and yet maintaining its high resolution and quality. This result can be achieved by simply using this lightweight and compact teleconverter even if you do not have or cannot afford a good and powerful supertele lens.
- Turn off optical correction functions, Vibration Reduction (VR) or Image Stabilizer (IS) functions, focus aid assistance and AF micro adjustment functions before using Kenko TELEPLUS teleconverter.
- Proper work and accuracy of AF mode only when the lens has a resulting aperture* of f/5.6 or faster. If the resulting aperture is greater than f/5.6 manual focus is strongly recommended.
* resulting aperture = wide open aperture value of the master lens x magnification of the lens converter.
BETTER TO KNOW
Tele converters can provide plenty of advantages but, like other optical add-on accessories, tends to:
- Shallow the depth of field.
- Make your optical system darker as they increase the aperture equivalent value.
- Affect the sharpness of the image (mostly large magnification converters).
When not in use, please remove Kenko TELEPLUS teleconverter from your camera and lens and store it separately.
|Filter Factor||1 Stop Light Loss|
|Supported Sensor Size||APS-C, Full Frame|
|Construction E/G||3 Elements in 2 Groups|
|Measurements (WxHxD), mm||Ø25x68|
Nikon F: 126
Canon EF: 111
Kenko TELEPLUS teleconverters are compatible with a wide range of Nikon and Canon DSLR interchangeable lenses, but there are some exceptions. Compatibility can be easily checked with the checking tool.