The HD DGX 2.0X converters have genuine Gate Array IC (Integrated Circuitry). This means the converter’s unique circuitry maintains signal integrity between the camera body and lens. The 3~2-element design made with high quality multi-coated optical glass supplied by Hoya Corporation, the world’s largest manufacturer of optical glass.
Full AF operation with the TELEPLUS HD DGX 2.0X is possible using a camera lens with an open aperture of F2.8 or brighter. Please be aware that AF will work properly only if there is enough light and contrast on the subject to activate the camera’s AF sensors properly. (Manual focusing may be necessary when using lenses with smaller open f-stop values than that given above.)
Kenko TELEPLUS HD 1.4x DGX teleconverter provides:
- Complete communication and signal integrity between the lens and camera body for secure autofocus, aperture and data calculation functions.
- Ability to convert and record EXIF data within the image. Teleconverter can in fact record the equivalent aperture and focal length of the lens according to the multiplication factor of the converter.
- High quality optical elements, as well as other parts, due to its precise manufacturing in Japan.
- Compatibility with a wider range of Nikon and Canon lenses, marking it as the most versatile accessory among those usually chosen by photographers.
Kenko TELEPLUS HD 1.4x DGX can dramatically change your photos by making the object appear larger in the image and yet maintaining its high resolution and quality. This result can be achieved by simply using this lightweight and compact teleconverter even if you do not have or cannot afford a good and powerful supertele lens.
- Turn off optical correction functions, Vibration Reduction (VR) or Image Stabilizer (IS) functions, focus aid assistance and AF micro adjustment functions before using Kenko TELEPLUS teleconverter.
- Proper work and accuracy of AF mode only when the lens has a resulting aperture* of f/5.6 or faster. If the resulting aperture is greater than f/5.6 manual focus is strongly recommended.
* resulting aperture = wide open aperture value of the master lens x magnification of the lens converter.
BETTER TO KNOW
Tele converters can provide plenty of advantages but, like other optical add-on accessories, tends to:
- Shallow the depth of field.
- Make your optical system darker as they increase the aperture equivalent value.
- Affect the sharpness of the image (mostly large magnification converters).
When not in use, please remove Kenko TELEPLUS teleconverter from your camera and lens and store it separately.
NOTE: HD Teleconverters are not compatible with Nikon AI or AI-S lenses. If the lens has an manual control aperture ring it will not function.
|2 Stops Light Loss
|Supported Sensor Size
|APS-C, Full Frame
|5 Elements in 3 Groups
|Measurements (WxHxD), mm
Nikon F: 171
Canon EF: 168
Kenko TELEPLUS teleconverters are compatible with a wide range of Nikon and Canon DSLR interchangeable lenses, but there are some exceptions. Compatibility can be easily checked with the checking tool.